Thursday, December 04, 2008

One-tenth

Tuberville as of this morning:



"I'm going to work a little bit with Dr. Gogue and see if there's anything he wants me to do. I'm an Auburn person and I believe in this school. They've done a lot more for me than I've done for them, so I'm going to try to give back as much as I can as long as I'm not really doing anything. But I'm not going to be in the way."
Here's to hoping whoever Auburn hires as its next football coach will have one-tenth as much class as Tommy Tuberville showed today.

War Eagle, coach.

3 comments:

Anthony Dodd said...

Its been a good ten years! War Eagle and I hope the best for Coach Tubbs

Unknown said...

A tenth? A hundreth!

Mark this: We'll not find as good a man as the one who is leaving.

Reminds me of the Bard again:

"Fare thee well, king: sith thus thou wilt appear,
Freedom lives hence, and banishment is here.

The gods to their dear shelter take thee, maid,
That justly think'st, and hast most rightly said!

And your large speeches may your deeds approve,
That good effects may spring from words of love.
Thus Kent, O princes, bids you all adieu;
He'll shape his old course in a country new."

King Lear, Act I, scene 1


Sullivan013

Jerry Hinnen said...

Sully, I don't disagree, but I figured I shouldn't sound like quite that big of a fanboy on the main page ...

Thanks for the Shakespeare--it's entirely appropriate.