A few weeks back I finally joined the 21st century and acquired me one o' them fancy-schmancy "iPode" thingamajigs or whatever you call 'em. It being Friday and the day on which two other prominent (and personal favorite) SEC blogs list the first 10 songs to come up on their iPods in a random shuffle for a "random 10", I though I'd take a stab at it. My iPod kicked out the following:
1. "A Pillar of Salt," the Thermals
2. "Bastards of Young," the Replacements
3. "The Perfect Drug," Nine Inch Nails
4. "Poor Old Kate", the Natchez Shakers
5. "The Wild Rover," the Dubliners
6. "Don't Leave Me," Blink-182
7. "A Fine Day for a Parade," Fountains of Wayne
8. "The Good Life," Weezer
9. "The Universal," Blur
10. "Let's Go Away for a While," the Beach Boys
So ... that's cool. But I'm not sure if it's enough to carry its own post here. So I'm adding a second 10. It being July 3rd and officially Independence Day weekend, here's 10 random incredibly awesome things about America, the awesomest country ever conceived.
1. (minus the pickle):
2. Mark Twain
4. The greatest television program ever
6. Uncle John's Bathroom Reader
8. the Flora-Bama
9. the Panama Canal
10. Auburn football, and mid-major (and Auburn) basketball.
War Eagle, and enjoy your Fourth, folks.