Saturday, July 18, 2009

Where in the World is the JCCW?

All right, so, yeah, sorry about that little disappearing act over the past couple of days. As I mentioned the other day, the Mrs. JCCW and I are gettin' our tourism on, and both Internet access and time to blog are, uh, erratic. The plan is to use whatever downtime we get to type up what I can and then toss it up whenever I get the chance to connect to the 'Nets ... but it hasn't worked out great so far. Sorry. Hopefully it will work out better in the future--we're not actually going to be back home until the first day of August, so please bear with this blog in the meantime. It's not going to go dark, but it might have some slow stretches.

As for what part of the world we're in, I was just going to tell you, dear readers, but then I thought "Hey! Wouldn't it be cool if I just posted a selection of our pictures and let them guess at it?" And then I thought, "Uh, that's only a good idea if the idea is to let on to everyone how secretly lame I am," and then I thought "Look, you once wrote an open letter to a new recruit comparing him to a Star Wars X-wing pilot and Nick Saban to Lord Voldemort. I think they know."

So here's a selection of pics. Guess go in the comments. (And you can sing the post title to the theme song if you put an accent on "The".)

(And oh, as for Auburn, I haven't missed too much, have I? Chaz Ramsey is suing Nall and Gamber and this is your last big recruiting weekend until next spring. Commitment watch in full effect ... which reminds me, glad to see Bonomolo make it official. More on all that sometime soon.)











Whoops, that's not from our trip, it's from General Hospital (which the Mrs. enjoys during her days off), but I figured the extra bit of WTF? Auburn content--the characters are in a sports bar far, far away from Alabama, leading me to believe there was an Auburn fan on set--couldn't hurt.

Back before too long, I hope.

8 comments:

Beef said...

Chinatown, San Francisco!

easyedwin said...

Bangkok

Acid Reign said...

.....I've got to agree with Beef. Does look like Chinatown. I went there on my honeymoon many years ago! Hope you had some great Dim Sum!

Commish of Old Pimps said...

Hong Kong

snowhare said...

Vancouver, Canada

JR Suicide said...

Mexico

One Eye said...

Beijing, the new capital of capitalism...

Joe Blow said...

An easy Google of "Ocean Garden Restaurant" and I found the answer. You're in Victoria, BC.